We took our time to sit down and see what the best checklist schedule would be for those of you who are on the DIY train! One of our favorites went something like this:
Eight weeks prior to the event:
- Who is hosting the celebration?
- Create a budget $$$
- Select a location
- Set a date
- Create a guest list
- Choose a theme
- Create invitations
- Choose a catering company (US!) or select a menu
- Start considering forms of entertainment: DJ (we have an in-house DJ!), games, photo booth, etc.
- MAIL the invitations
- Finalize your menu and prepare a shopping list (or meeting with your caterer)
- Order decorations to match your theme
- Order tableware: plates, napkins, cutlery, etc.
- Plan and purchase party favors
- Finalize your entertainment (booking, down payment, etc.)
- Finalize your head-count
- Confirm all reservations
- Plan the room arrangement and seating charts
- Confirm balloons, centerpieces, and other decor
- Create party favors and other DIY decor
- Make the event space is nice and clean
- Prepare non-perishable food
- Charge cameras and be sure to have back-up batteries
- Review your event schedule to be sure there's a nice flow
We hope this helps you to plan your event with ease, and what'd be even easier is if you chose us for your event needs! We help you plan out your event as well as offer decorations, catering options, and an in-house DJ! Check out our website at http://www.diamondeventcenter.com/.
Credit to: http://www.bigdotofhappiness.com/blog/printable-event-planning-checklist/