Regular guest books are a thing of the past! Wedding tree guest books as well as wishing tree guest books are currently trending for 2016 weddings.
Specifically with "thumbprint" guest books, you would start with bare branches and have your wedding colors for your guests to color their prints with, and then they'd sign their name by their print!
Tuesday, August 2, 2016
Cookie bars are becoming a huge hit, as well as s'mores bars, at major events. Guests love this new trend that fits perfectly with the rustic wedding schemes. These delicious dessert ideas, best served with milk, are extremely budget-friendly (just like the Diamond Event Center!). Add options such as fudge, caramel, muffins, pies, chocolate/strawberry syrup, or whatever else you'd like!
Fun fact: The Diamond Event Center allows candle light such as the ones in the picture below, so keep this in mind when choosing (our) venues!
Sunday, July 17, 2016
We took our time to sit down and see what the best checklist schedule would be for those of you who are on the DIY train! One of our favorites went something like this:
Eight weeks prior to the event:
- Who is hosting the celebration?
- Create a budget $$$
- Select a location
- Set a date
- Create a guest list
- Choose a theme
- Create invitations
- Choose a catering company (US!) or select a menu
- Start considering forms of entertainment: DJ (we have an in-house DJ!), games, photo booth, etc.
- MAIL the invitations
- Finalize your menu and prepare a shopping list (or meeting with your caterer)
- Order decorations to match your theme
- Order tableware: plates, napkins, cutlery, etc.
- Plan and purchase party favors
- Finalize your entertainment (booking, down payment, etc.)
- Finalize your head-count
- Confirm all reservations
- Plan the room arrangement and seating charts
- Confirm balloons, centerpieces, and other decor
- Create party favors and other DIY decor
- Make the event space is nice and clean
- Prepare non-perishable food
- Charge cameras and be sure to have back-up batteries
- Review your event schedule to be sure there's a nice flow
We hope this helps you to plan your event with ease, and what'd be even easier is if you chose us for your event needs! We help you plan out your event as well as offer decorations, catering options, and an in-house DJ! Check out our website at http://www.diamondeventcenter.com/.
Credit to: http://www.bigdotofhappiness.com/blog/printable-event-planning-checklist/
Saturday, July 9, 2016
Incorporating "something blue" into a wedding is a tradition that started with the Old English rhyme, "Something Olde, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue, A Sixpence in your Shoe." Something old represents continuity; something new offers optimism for the future; something borrowed symbolizes borrowed happiness; something blue stands for purity, love, and fidelity; and a sixpence in your shoe is a wish for good fortune and prosperity. Not everyone incorporates these into their wedding, but most do not include the sixpence in their shoe anymore. Regardless, it is a timeless tradition that your mother, sister, other relatives, and attendants gift to you, which means one less thing you have to worry about for wedding planning! :)
Also, if you're worried about catering options, check out our website and give us a call or e-mail us for further details on how we can make your event easier - and even tastier!
(This photo is taken from TheKnot.com)
Tuesday, June 28, 2016
Chances are - you want it, we've got it. We not only supply you with any of three well appointed ballrooms and mouth watering food, but also offer many additional options to make your special day remarkable. Off-premise catering, in-house DJ, rentals, and much more. We cater to your needs. Check out our website our give us a call today!
Call us: (330)225-1995
Call us: (330)225-1995
Friday, June 24, 2016
We have so much to offer in just one location - Brunswick, OH. We not only host weddings, but also do showers, rehearsal dinners, fundraisers, social events and much more.
As for off-site bartending and catering, we do everything that we do on-site as well as box lunches, wedding/corporate packages, picnics, steak roasts and clam bakes!
Check us out for more details at http://www.diamondeventcenter.com/index.shtml !
Tuesday, June 21, 2016
Are you searching for the best new wedding trends? We've done the searching for you - and here they are!
- Silver is going out of style - however, rose gold and simple gold is in!
- Vintage is one of the HOTTEST themes!
- Ambiance through romantic lighting to produce a soft glow
- Three to five different flowers of the same color for centerpieces as well as the bouquet!
- Tables look better if they're NOT all the same - so mix it up while sticking with your theme!